Part 2 of series on #modiplan
Excerpts from article https://raverantreflect.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/pm-modis-game-planver1.pdf published on Oct 8, 2015 and some updates . The above article was written before the Bihar Elections and the stunning defeat of Modi.
I set down my expectations of directional shifts by Modi Sarkar:
My expectations of directional shifts by 2019
India has been without visionary and effective government since its independence. There is a huge backlog of development work and that of undoing the wrongs inflicted by the Congress for over six decades. Therefore it is unrealistic to expect all the following will be done by 2019. What I am looking for good progress in some areas and signs of directional shifts in the remaining areas given below.
- Major increase in jobs or livelihood earning opportunities
- Country’s external and internal security on a very strong footing
- Rule of law felt by all. The mighty should be scared of taking law in their hands and the ordinary people should feel reassured by law
- Overhaul of agriculture sector for benefit of 50% of population and for reducing urbanization pressure
- Major improvements in mass transportation -intracity and intercity
- Cleaner air, water and a better ecological balance
- Right to information to be expanded to include right to fair and accurate coverage of news by media
- Congress Mukta Bharat: Elimination of Congress Culture** (divisive culture)
In the upcoming post, I will start describing what I see with reference to my expectations.